Montague Works

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for the written works of JT Montague.

Chapter Six - Secrets And Fights

Montague91
    Montague91
    Admin

Personal Info
    Name: JT Montague
    User Status: Owner

Chapter Six - Secrets And Fights Empty Chapter Six - Secrets And Fights

Post  Montague91 Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:03 pm

~Chapter Six - Secrets And Fights~

Max's POV

When I woke up in the morning it was still dark, Fang wasn't in bed, I looked around and saw that he was sitting in an old armchair, his eyes gazed off into space unblinking. When Fang noticed I was watching him he stood up and walked back over. "You should go back to sleep Max, you'll want to be on your guard." he said stroking my hair. I nodded and went back to sleep, "Max, Max wake up!" I sprang out of bed and got into my fighting stance. "Max relax, it's just breakfast." said Fang, I looked over and he was carrying a tray laden with dough nuts and slices of ham, I started to blush. "Oh, right." I said and Fang and I started eating.

Fang's POV

Fang, wake up. I woke up, it was still dark, I looked around, Max was still in bed next to me and she was asleep, no one else was in the room. Fang I'm Max's voice, get ready, Itex is still hunting you! I got up out of bed and walked over to an old armchair and sat down. Okay what do I do? I thought, I don't wanna alarm the flock. I looked up and saw Max sitting up in bed watching me, I stood up and walked over to her. "You should go back to sleep Max, you'll want to be on your guard." I said stroking her hair, she nodded and lied back down. I waited until I was sure she was asleep before climbing back into bed. "Fang!" I woke up and bolted upright in bed, "Fang it's breakfast time." I looked around, it was Hellion. "Right," I said, Hellion went to wake up Max "No wait, let her sleep a little longer." I said, Hellion walked out and I got up. I got dressed and walked out to a kitchen, yes a kitchen, I got a tray and covered it with dough nuts and slices of ham. After I was done I went back into Max's and my room, there she was still sleeping. "Max, Max wake up!" her reaction was immediate, she leapt out of bed and looked ready to fight someone. "Max relax, it's just breakfast." I said, she looked at me and blushed. "Oh, right." she said and we started to eat.

Max's POV

After breakfast we all went down to see Jason in the main chamber. "Well I hope you all slept well." Jason said addressing the flock, we nodded and sat down in chairs that had been brought for us, a man stepped up next to Jason and sat down, his face was pretty impassive and he looked a lot like Jason. "This is my younger brother Sparky." Sparky? what kinda name is that? I thought, but my question was answered immediately when Sparky reached into a bag and withdrew a pair of metal gloves and put them on, they started sparking, "Obviously he's called that because of his liking for anything that can shock or electrocute another person." said Jason, Sparky pointed his metal gloved fingers at a wall and a blast of electricity erupted from them, me and the others exchanged, well shocked looks. "Now I'll be clear on one thing, if you end up getting too deeply involved with something that could endanger us and/or give away our location, I will not wait for you, I will evacuate this mountain faster than you can say Itex." Jason said looking at us all seriously. "So in other words your not a reliable person, someone we can count on for help?" I said angrily, I regretted it at once, Jason looked horrified, he wasn't looking at me or any of the others, he was just looking straight forward with a blank, horrified stare. "Kate!" he said hoarsely, "Jason calm down brother, it's over it was years ago!" Sparky said grabbing Jason by the shoulders, "Kate! Kaaate!" Jason continued to shout. Sparky whipped out a needle and injected Jason with something, I guess it was a sedative because Jason went limp and started to snore. "Hellion can you bring him to his bedroom?" Sparky said looking at Hellion who nodded and carried Jason out. Sparky sat down and looked at us all seriously, "Okay, I think you should know something about Jason, he wasn't always so dark and cold, he used to be kind." he explained, I was confused. "So what happened?" I asked staring in his dark eyes. "He was once human, fifteen years old when Itex abducted him, he escaped before they could do anything to him, they found that he had one weakness, a girl by the name of Kate Costine, he would have done anything for that girl, they found out about that, they kidnapped her and threatened that if he didn't cooperate they would kill her, well he gave up and after they were done with him they killed her anyway, it still eats away at him knowing that there was nothing he could do to protect her, since that day he has been twice as cruel as the people who killed her."

Fang's POV

After everyone was done eating we all gathered in the main chamber for Jason to explain what was going on with Itex. We all sat down in seats that had been brought out for us, Jason walked in and sat down in his stone throne. "Well I hope you all slept well." Jason said eying us. A man stepped forward and sat down in a chair next to Jason, "This is my younger brother Sparky." Jason said gesturing towards the man who had just sat down next to him, Sparky? What is he an electrician? I thought smiling. Sparky picked up a bag under his chair and took out a pair of metal gloves, as he put them on they started sparking, "Obviously he's called that because of his liking for anything that can shock or electrocute another person." said Jason, Sparky pointed his metal gloved fingers at a wall and a blast of electricity erupted from them, Holy shit, don't wanna mess with him. I exchanged a shocked look with the rest of the flock, "Now I'll be clear on one thing, if you end up getting too deeply involved with something that could endanger us and/or give away our location, I will not wait for you, I will evacuate this mountain faster than you can say Itex." said Jason, and he had solid steel in his voice. Well at least he's honest. "So in other words your not a reliable person, someone we can count on for help?" said Max, I could hear the anger in her voice, I tried signaling for her to shut it but she must not have noticed, instead she just glared at Jason, suddenly she looked scared, I looked at Jason and saw that Jason looked horrified, he was staring out into space with a horrified expression on his face."Kate!" he said hoarsely, "Jason calm down brother, it's over, it was years ago!" Sparky said grabbing Jason by the shoulders, "Kate! Kaaate!" Jason continued to shout. Sparky whipped out a needle and injected Jason with something, whatever it was it knocked him out. "Hellion can you bring him to his bedroom?" Sparky said looking at Hellion who nodded and carried Jason out. Sparky sat down in Jason's throne and looked at us all seriously, "Okay, I think you should know something about Jason, he wasn't always so dark and cold, he used to be kind." he said shakily, "So what happened?" Max asked curiously. "He was once human, fifteen years old when Itex abducted him, he escaped before they could do anything to him, they found that he had one weakness, a girl by the name of Kate Costine, he would have done anything for that girl, they found out about that, they kidnapped her and threatened that if he didn't cooperate they would kill her, well he gave up and after they were done with him they killed her anyway, it still eats away at him knowing that there was nothing he could do to protect her, since that day he has been twice as cruel as the people who killed her."

Sparky's POV

After I had told the flock about Jason's past they all went out for a flight, they were going to scope out Itex to try and get an idea of what these new mutants looked like. I walked around looking for Iggy and Gazzy, oh yeah they were the only two who stayed behind and Max had told me to watch those two while they were in the same room together. I walked into their room to find them huddled around something, "Okay this fuse goes here aaand done." said Gazzy, they suddenly noticed that I was in the room, "What are you doing here?" Iggy said glaring in what he clearly believed to be my direction, Gazzy grabbed his head and turned it so that he was facing me, "Max told me to not leave you two alone in the same room, what are you working on?" I asked curiously, after about a minute they seemed to think it was safe, "A bomb, we're demolitions experts." said Gazzy proudly, they showed me the bomb, it looked like a thick metal disc with fuses sticking out of it, "What kind of material are ya using?" I asked. "Nitroglycerin." said Iggy calmly, I was dumbfounded, "Are you crazy?!" I shouted at them, "Get that thing out of here, it could blow the entire mountain!" Iggy and Gazzy shook their heads, "Don't worry it's safe." said Jason from a corner of the room, "Jason, I didn't realize you were there." I said to him, there was a loud bang outside so I went to see what it was, it was Max and the others closing the gate, Nudge and Angel both were pretty bruised up and Fang and Max had cuts and burns, "Itex." was the only word Max uttered before she passed out.

Max's POV

Well Sparky told us all about Jason's unfortunate history, and we decided to go for a flight to check these new mutants, I call them Raptoids, get it? Raptor, humanoids, Raptoids. Anyway I'm droning on here, we were flying towards an Itex building nearby to see what the Raptoids looked like, then all of a sudden we found out, how? Well remember how Hellion said I'd be surprised at how high they could jump? Well he wasn't kidding, one of those things jumped and grabbed me by the ankles and dragged me down to the ground and I had been about five thousand feet in the air give or take, we thought that the Erasers were ugly but these things were grotesque, they had somewhat of a human appearance apart from...clawed fingers, pointed teeth, a reptilian tail, and of course the six inch retractable claw on each foot. "You're coming with us." snarled the one that dragged me down, and yes his voice was snarl, "You're delusional snot-face." I retorted and I hopped up and punched him hard in the face, no good, I kicked him in the stomach, still nothing, "What the Hell!" I shouted, the Raptoid advanced on me. "My turn." he said with what I thought was supposed to be a smile, he started clawing, biting, and hitting me with his tail, I fell to the ground all cut up, suddenly Fang came out of no where and tackled him. "Run Max!" he shouted as he and the Raptoid wrestled on the ground, Nudge and Angel came and both got whacked away by the Raptoids tail, I kicked the Raptoid in the nose this time it had an effect, the Raptoid jump back and howled in pain. "FLY BACK TO THE HIDE OUT!" I shouted, and me and the rest of the flock flew back to the cave and closed the gate, I looked around and saw Sparky looking concerned about our condition, "Itex." was all I could manage to say before I blacked out.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:41 am