Montague Works

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for the written works of JT Montague.

Prologue - Tense Meetings

Montague91
    Montague91
    Admin

Personal Info
    Name: JT Montague
    User Status: Owner

Prologue - Tense Meetings Empty Prologue - Tense Meetings

Post  Montague91 Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:37 pm

Prologue - Tense Meetings

How does one describe Artemis Fowl? Various psychiatrists have tried and failed. The main problem is Artemis's own intelligence. He bamboozles every test thrown at him. He has puzzled the greatest medical minds and sent many of them gibbering to their own hospitals. There is no doubt that Artemis is a child prodigy. And after two months in recuperative therapy and numerous sessions reviewing old videos of himself, he's back.

Artemis had died during Opal Koboi's attack on Fowl Manor and her attempt to take over the world with long deceased human-hating fairies. Artemis had planned ahead of time upon realizing that victory would cost him his life. He had Holly deliver a sample of his own DNA in the form of a kiss on her cheek so that he could be cloned and have his soul return to the new body. At first Artemis did not return with his memories intact, however after some effort they did indeed return to him. Now Artemis Fowl is back and more determined than ever to live the life he almost lost for good.

Our story begins in the Lower Elements, where the now Commander Holly Short is speaking with Foaly in the operations booth. "Well Foaly? What did you want to show me?" Holly asked as she sat down next to the centaur. Foaly looked up at her and smiled, "Well good to see you too Holly," Holly rolled her eyes, "Foaly," she exclaimed. "Alright alright, keep your wings on," he tapped a few keys on his computer and a video feed popped up on the screen. It was of a street in downtown Haven, the busy street was packed with shoppers, tourists, and even a few conspiracy nuts preaching about the humans having spies in the lower elements. "Okay it's a street, what's so special about that?" she asked exasperated. "No not the street...watch this," he zooms in on a door to a shop.

The shop front read, 'Alastor Virmagi, Private Detective'. Holly watched as a shady looking gnome opened the door and walked inside, a flash of blue light leaked through the door as it closed behind him. "Now lot's of fairies have gone inside, none came out, yet later they're seen again outside the door," Foaly explained. "Odd, what do you think is happening?" Holly asked. "No idea but it might be worth checking out." Holly nodded, it was definitely interesting, she had never been able to resist a good mystery. "I'll go myself, I need to have a word with this Alastor Virmagi," she suited up and exited the operations booth, heading for downtown Haven.

Alastor Virmagi looked up from some papers on his desk as the gnome entered his office. "Well hello there," the gnome walked closer and eyed the man suspiciously, he was human; what's more he was young, maybe twenty years old. Alastor Virmagi smiled as the gnome approached his desk, He was indeed human, with reddish-brown hair that came down to the nape of his neck, slightly pale skin, and sky blue eyes. "Welcome to my Detective Agency, My name is Alastor Virmagi," he spoke with an odd accent, the gnome couldn't place it immediately. Alastor gestured to a seat in front of the desk and the gnome hesitated a moment before sitting down. "Y-y-you're human," the gnome pointed out. "Last I checked," Alastor replied, an amused smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

The gnome gulped as he considered running back through the door. "So what can I do for you my diminutive friend?" Alastor asked as he waited for the gnome to regain his composure. He used to become impatient but he had become accustomed to new clients surprise at his being human. It was at that moment that a flash of blue light signaled another potential client entering the Detective Agency. "Hmm, I really should get a secretary," Alastor commented just before an irate elf burst into the office. "LEP! What's going on here?" Holly demanded, reaching for her Neutrino once she saw Alastor. "A human!" she exclaimed. Alastor watched with dismay as the gnome ran back through the door and a flash of blue light signaled that he had gone back to the lower elements. He turned his attention back to the elf with a rather irritated expression. "I do hope your department is prepared to compensate me for the loss of business you just caused," he growled.

Holly kept her Neutrino trained on the human, "I'm asking the questions here mud man, what is a human doing in Haven? And how did you get here?" Alastor laughed, the moment actually breaking through his bad mood at having lost a potential client. "Officer, if you care to notice..." he pointed to a window, showing they were above ground in some kind of rented office space. "...we are not in Haven, we are in New York City," Holly holstered her weapon, contemplating shielding now. Alastor smiled as he snapped his fingers, Holly could swear she saw tiny blue sparks around his hand as he did so. Immediately, a tray with teacups and a kettle floated into the room from the door the gnome had left through. "I have nothing to hide Officer Short, I'll gladly explain, would you care for some tea?" Holly felt her lips pull up, rebelling against her better judgment into a small smile. She had only met one other man with this kind of audacity. "Fine, then get to explaining, Mr. Virmagi,"