Montague Works

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for the written works of JT Montague.

Chapter Eight - Out Of Hiding

Montague91
    Montague91
    Admin

Personal Info
    Name: JT Montague
    User Status: Owner

Chapter Eight - Out Of Hiding Empty Chapter Eight - Out Of Hiding

Post  Montague91 Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:16 pm

~Chapter Eight - Out Of Hiding~

Fang's POV

"Please stop, we have to think about this!" I had gone back to the cave, after Max had been taken, all of the Raptoids had also taken off. Now Hellion was blocking my way to the weapons room. "I have thought about it, I'm going after them!" Hellion shook his head, "You don't get it do you? They want you too, they want all of you!" I punched him in the stomach; he didn't budge. "That's enough!" It was Jason, he walked towards Hellion and me; he motioned for us to step aside. After we moved out of his way he opened the door to the weapons room, "The ninja sword is mine…you can have the war hammer," he said tossing me a war hammer, I couldn't help chuckling to myself at how heavy this thing would be to me if I were a normal human. "Thank you, but why?" I asked, Jason smiled, "Well we can't let you have all the fun now can we?" Hellion looked appalled, "But Jason, our isolation from the rest of the world has given us peace and safety!" he snarled,Jason gave him a murderous glare. "And do you realize what we've lost in exchange?" he said in a low growling voice, Hellion shook his head, "We have lost ourselves, look at my little brother, he used to be just a carefree kid before all this happened, now he's been militarized!" Jason shouted, "It's time for us to come out of hiding."

Max's POV

I woke up on a white linen bed, all around me was the smell of disinfectants, I sat up and looked around, I was in a room with no windows and only one door. "Ah, so you're awake," I look over and saw the man that had knocked me out, he was sitting in a chair, "Jason?" I asked, the man chuckled, "Do I really look like him?" I nodded, the man smiled and walked over to me, "Who are you?" I asked, he looked confused, "That is a good question, the truth is that I don't know, but you can call me Shift," he said, I nodded, "So what do you want?" he chuckled, "I want a great number of things, but you are not here because of what want, to be honest I don't see anything really special about you, I see mutants everyday so I stopped being surprised years ago," he stepped out of the shadows, I gasped, he looked almost exactly like Jason, he was slightly shorter certainly, and younger looking, his pale gray eyes had a far away look to them, as though he was searching for something beyond his immediate line of sight. He smiled wide at my expression, it was a boyish, dimpled smile, I couldn't tell his hair color because he wore a plain black beanie that covered the top of his head, he didn't seem to have grown a beard or mustache yet, probably just starting puberty. "It's not polite to stare you know," he hissed, "It's not polite to kid nap either," I snapped, he shrugged, allowing that, "That may be, but I don't have much choice," something about the way he said that confused me, he sounded sincere, like he regretted it, "What do you mean by that?" he chuckled, "No, I think I've told you enough about me, I'm leaving now, the doctors will be here in a moment." he began to walk out, "For what it's worth, I am sorry," he walked away, left the room and locked the door behind him.

Shift's POV

After I locked the door behind me I turned and walked down the hallway, I sighed sadly, They'll pay for this someday, as soon as mother is safe, I'll kill them all...slowly. I hated helping Itex, but they had taken my mother hostage, they knew that keeping her alive and under guard was the only way for them to keep me under control, without her they would be committing suicide by treating me like a servant. I growled, my father would never have put up with this, he'd have tried to free mother and then killed them all, I knew by now who my father was, I'd hacked into the classified files to see if they had anything useful, I'd become curious when I found a file with my name on it. The file had had pictures and info about both of my parents, Jason, last name unknown, currently leading a group of Itex rebels, and my mother, Katherine Costine, she had been abducted by Itex to control my father, later they had performed experiments on her as well, after father had been told that she was dead and I was born. I sighed again, "I better go see if the old wart has a job for me now," I stepped into a room with a high ceiling, a grand chandelier hung down low from a long thick chain, I directed my attention to the only other two objects in the room, one was a large wooden desk, covered with papers and pencils neatly arranged in stacks and lines, the other was the chair behind the desk which was turned away from the desk so that the back of the chair faced me. "Your mission was a success I take it," the chair turned to reveal the man sitting in it, the man wore a plain gray business suit, he sat with his legs crossed in a relaxed position, his face was what I hated most of all, he had that smug smile that always seemed to be saying, "I'll piss you off all I want and you can't do shit" I swallowed my thoughts before they could be read in my eyes, Mr. Kallum was known for doing that. Kallum stood up casually, his hazel eyes bored into my gray ones, "Yes, I know, you'd like very much to kill me, but it matters not, you have a job to do," I grimaced, "And what is that?" he smiled and even through his mask of casual pleasant interest, I could tell that this part truly excited him, "It's simple isn't it? You need to infiltrate the flock, tell them whatever story will gain their trust, you will convince them that you are Maximum Ride," I sighed, "Some day this will end, and it won't be in your favor," I stepped out of his office.

Fang's POV

"Hey! How much farther to Itex?" We were heading to Itex, flying of course, I had been amazed to find that no one would need to carry Sparky, he had designed a pair of mechanical wings that were attached to a special harness that Sparky could wear. The device had a chip in it that responded to Sparky's brain waves, if he thought of flying, he flew, if he wanted his wings to fold, they folded. I growled at Hellion, "Hey! Did you hear me? I asked you a question!" Hellion growled, "We're halfway there, shouldn't be much longer now," I growled, that wasn't good enough for me, "We need to move faster," I growled the words angrily, Hellion suddenly stopped in mid air, we all stopped up short behind him. "What is it? Why are we stopping?" Hellion pointed ahead of us. There, in the sky, flying towards us, was a slightly beaten up Max! We all rushed to her side, "What happened?" Max shook her head as they descended to a land in a small clearing, "I'm not sure, it was strange," I grimaced, this didn't seem like Max, Max was strong and she seemed to have a slightly different flight pattern, as though she hadn't been doing this her entire life. I grabbed her hand, "Are you alright?" she pulled away, as though my touch had burned her, it was then that I knew that this couldn't be Max. "Who are you?" Max looked alarmed, then she sighed, "Well, I should have known it wouldn't work," Max smiled and then her body changed. It wasn't Max, it was a young man in his early teens, he looked a great deal like Jason, "You're a shape shifter, so show us your real form, we already know you're not Jason," the man smirked, "This is my real form," I looked at the man again, he did seem slightly different, his eyes were a different color and his face, was different too, it had the same chiseled out features, but it was softer, more boyish and even a little elfin. "They call me Shift," he glanced at Jason and his eyes went wide, his breathing picked up pace, "You're him aren't you? The leader of that group of mutants revolting against Itex?" Jason shook his head, "I am the one you mean, but I do not revolt against anyone, using that terminology would imply that Itex has authority over me," Shift smiled softly, I could be wrong, but I swear I saw tears in his eyes, "I never thought I'd actually find you," he said quietly. I was puzzled, "What's the big deal? So he looks a lot like you," Shift smiled and shook his head, "It's more than that..." he stepped closer to Jason, "...Hello father,"

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:23 pm